What we do at Wairarapa Heat Pump Cleaning
Often people think a quick vacuum of the indoor filter is all that is necessary to keep their heat pump running smoothly but WHPC know much more is involved in keeping units in tip top order.
WHPC service the interior and exterior units of all makes and models of heat pumps - removing dirt, dust, mould, bacteria, insects and vermin.
It takes about 60 minutes to give a heat pump a full service at an affordable price.
How often should heat pumps be serviced?
We recommend heat pumps are serviced annually. It is estimated that 90% of failures are due to home owners not cleaning their heat pumps.
- Apply cleaning solution to fins and coil.
- Clear foliage from around outside unit.
- Clean intake screens.
- Clean and check fan blades.
- Test and check noise levels.
- Check for any insects, if any, spray with bug killer.
- Check the operating temperature and airflow efficiency after service.
- Remove filters and scrub them clean.
- Spray a coil cleaner on the coils and fan motor.
- Remove any fine dust in and around the unit.